• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MSFE Columbia Masters in Financial Economics

Financial Economics Program by Columbia Business School
What does an unofficial offer mean? By email?
Yes, an very unofficial email from the program director(probably because he was in my interview). And he mentioned they won't send out official decisions in next few weeks(on Feb 21). So I guess they official ones may come next week after their spring break.

Yes, an very unofficial email from the program director(probably because he was in my interview). And he mentioned they won't send out official decisions in next few weeks(on Feb 21). So I guess they official ones may come next week after their spring break.
Did you get it right after your Interview or recently this week?

one day after the interview. My interview was Friday afternoon and got an email on Sunday.
Mine was Sunday afternoon. I sent a thank-you email to my interviewer and the interviewer said "it was a nice chat with you." Couldn't see whether it was successful or not...

Anyone else received any feedback from their interviewer after the interview?

I was told that they will send unofficial offers to the applicant with excellent performance in interview before the spring break. For other applicants, it will take several weeks for the decision due to the spring break.

I had my interview the second to last day possible and they said this week or next.

I don't think spring break really had an impact on their ability to make decisions, it's not like faculty usually gets a break anyways. Likely, it was probably just covering for them in case they had to delay decisions. I asked the program directly and they said tomorrow or Monday

had a phone call with one of the program administrators regarding some administrative questions I've got prior to choosing whether to go or not, but yeah it just came up in the call

Back