• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE 2018 Applications

This year is really weird. In last 5 years at least 30 people posted the admit on the tracker but there are only 22 people admitted this year. Also the reject mail was usually sent out all at once but it seems not this year

wtf...I am in as well...It's such a huge surprise...Can't believe that!!!

I wonder when the redirect will begin. It seems that in the last few years, the redirect occured several days after completing admission of MFE. But this year, 2 or 3 people said that they got the redirect a few days ago. So it's quite strange.

I wonder when the redirect will begin. It seems that in the last few years, the redirect occured several days after completing admission of MFE. But this year, 2 or 3 people said that they got the redirect a few days ago. So it's quite strange.
I believe this year the admission and the redirect occur at the same time. The ddl for this round's deposit is April 9th. There should still be a round of admissions for the MFE program.

I think redirect does not mean the end of admission of MFE. They may redirect people who are more suitable for operation research program. MSOR is still a competitive program this year.

I believe this year the admission and the redirect occur at the same time. The ddl for this round's deposit is April 9th. There should still be a round of admissions for the MFE program.
Hope so. I am feeling so depressed now. Many people get their dream offer. But I heard nothing from Chicago, Cornell and Columbia. Some people say that no news is a good news. But... So sad

Hope so. I am feeling so depressed now. Many people get their dream offer. But I heard nothing from Chicago, Cornell and Columbia. Some people say that no news is a good news. But... So sad
Keep it up! There is always some chance! I received the offer from Columbia's MathFin yesterday after a nearly 100 days of waiting... I am still waiting for the MFE too

Keep it up! There is always some chance! I received the offer from Columbia's MathFin yesterday after a nearly 100 days of waiting... I am still waiting for the MFE too
I also have nothing updated from MathFin. Your GPA and GRE are so excellent. So you deserve that admission. Cong!

4/9 is the ddl for deposit of the most recent admits. So, as a still-waiting, I’d make an aggressive guess that there will still be another round of ads next Tuesday and maybe another round around 4/15 as the last round.

Oh, I just received the waitlist. What does that mean? Pretty strange. Do all the non-admitted students get this waitlist email?

Back