• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE 2018 Applications

I got an invite, and I am from South America.

Has anyone done the interview already? Do you know or think is it the same as the previous year? Is it possible to re-record?

Is it technical? Do we need paper and pen to calculate?

Also, how long is it? I plan to do it tomorrow but won't postpone if it's too long.

It's not technical at all. I found it more like behavioral in nature. Each question has a 2 minute response time limit (you can re-record the response several time and prior responses will be discarded), with a total of 5 questions.

It's possible to re-record as many times as you want before submitting the final version.
Are you sure we could re-record as many times as we want? I heard that the question does change when one tries to re-record and we could re-record just once (not sure of the last part)

PS: Received an invite. From India.

It's not technical at all. I found it more like behavioral in nature. Each question has a 2 minute response time limit (you can re-record the response several time and prior responses will be discarded), with a total of 5 questions.
Thanks a lot for your response! And good luck everyone with your interviews!

I re-recorded several times before allowing the system to upload my latest response.
Also, you can't move to next question before uploading response to current question.

I got an invite, and I am from South America.

Has anyone done the interview already? Do you know or think is it the same as the previous year? Is it possible to re-record?
Mate, I am just kidding about India, ethnicity etc. Nothing better to write lol. I am sure everyone deserving has/will receive an invite. It was just light banter from me.

Mate, I am just kidding about India, ethnicity etc. Nothing better to write lol. I am sure everyone deserving has/will receive an invite. It was just light banter from me.
It is all good! I am sorry if my response looked a little bit defensive. I just did it for the sake of informing other people in this forum about the status of our applications. It has been very helpful for me when I read comments or posts from other applicants, so just wanted to do the same.:)

Last edited:
I may be jumping the gun here, but does anyone know how many interview invites were sent out last year and what's the acceptance rate?

Back