• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE 2018 Applications

Any idea how many rounds of interview does Columbia have? Do we look forward to a Personal Interview after the pre-recorded one or wait for an Admit/Reject?

Any idea how many rounds of interview does Columbia have? Do we look forward to a Personal Interview after the pre-recorded one or wait for an Admit/Reject?
Last year, they conducted only 1 round of virtual interview. No telephonic or skype interview.

No one knows. I remember someone said back in 2011/12 that if you receive interview invitation, there's 90% chance that you would be selected.

More recently, if you check the tracker for 2017, proportion wise there are almost 30-40% people who had interviews and got rejected finally.

So I would assume that for 100 seats, they probably interview between 200-400.

Am done with my interview two days ago , any idea on when might we get notified on Admission Status ?!

Last edited:
In 2016, they started sending results by almost mid Feb. In 2017, starting 6th Mar. In 2018, God knows.

Susan, again stating statistics here: they sent invites in 2017 till around 16 Feb. There's hope! Best of luck

Are people still receiving invites? Can anyone confirm that they/their friends have still been receiving invites?

Is there anyone who doesn’t receive the interview invitation yet? I’m curious about selectivity for interview.

Looking at the tracker, last year most of the applicants got an interview (Over 80% applicants). I am assuming its the same this year too.

Half of trackers this year are not updated for interview schedules. Do you think people just didn’t update it yet?

Half of trackers this year are not updated for interview schedules. Do you think people just didn’t update it yet?

Maybe, Maybe not. Anyway, the tracker account for a small percentage of people who have applied to the course. It is possible that none of trackers got an interview whilst everyone else did. And vice versa. I mean you can not judge and make conclusions based on the tracker. Its basically just for reference. Dont overthink it. Just believe in yourself and be patient.

Back