• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE 2018 Applications

There's an 6-digit AMP ID after logging in to the application. It is visible if you click on your name on the top-right corner.

I got a WL email too. The link given had an ID towards the end 604006. Is this different for everyone, it could be the ID maybe?

Last edited:
There's an 6-digit AMP ID after logging in to the application. It is visible if you click on your name on the top-right corner.

I got a WL email too. The link given had an ID towards the end 604006. Is this is different for everyone, it could be the ID maybe?

Yeah but I'm not sure if the AMP ID is the right application ID. The ID in the email link is the same for everyone I think. At least I got 604006 also.

I got a WL email too. The link given had an ID towards the end 604006. Is this is different for everyone, it could be the ID maybe?

Thank you
Yeah mine shows 604006 too. I am wondering how many people they put on WL though.

When I downloaded my application, the file name was an 18-digit number. As far as I can see, it is either the AMP ID or the file name of the PDF.

When I downloaded my application, the file name was an 18-digit number. As far as I can see, it is either the AMP ID or the file name of the PDF.

I wrote them an email, and I will try to call them tomorrow if I can find their number tomorrow. Wondering if it is possible for them to direct one from waitlist to MSOR.

Generally speaking, which applicant did Columbia MFE like better? Someone on the WL for MFE or someone redirected to MSOR? :D

I assume not all people admitted will take their offer. That may give a chance to WL candidates.

Just curious, for those who are put in WL, when asked about interests in other MS program (the last question), which program do you guys choose and why, if any?

Have been placed on the waitlist. Columbia give us an opportunity to update test scores, resumes, transcripts, letters of rec by Apr. 10th

Generally speaking, which applicant did Columbia MFE like better? Someone on the WL for MFE or someone redirected to MSOR? :D

I assume not all people admitted will take their offer. That may give a chance to WL candidates.

And what about the people who still have not heard anything back?

Just curious, for those who are put in WL, when asked about interests in other MS program (the last question), which program do you guys choose and why, if any?

I was waitlisted and I did not choose another program as I was being honest in that if I ever got in to the other programs at Columbia I would just enroll in the other schools I have been accepted to anyways.

If you're on the waitlist, do you think that the faster you answer to the form the better are your chances to get in ? or do they wait until 10th april to check the additional documents ?

If you're on the waitlist, do you think that the faster you answer to the form the better are your chances to get in ? or do they wait until 10th april to check the additional documents ?
Definitely update your personal document as soon as possible. I think Columbia is pretty fast in responding.

Back