• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE 2018 Applications

Hi everyone. This is Abhinav from India. Has anyone from India accepted and paid the deposit fee (4k $)? . I have tried to pay it, but unable to do so (tried Citi bank credit card (mastercard), ICICI debit cards (Visa) ). If anyone here had paid the fee, could you let me know the mode you have used to do so.

Hi, I wanted to know if there is any whatsapp/facebook group of all the students joining the Columbia MFE 2018?
Will be helpful to share resources and have discussions regarding the Visa application etc.

Just got an email saying no one on the waitlist can be admitted now because they enrolled too many people in every program. The email also mentions there might be an update on June 1st. I am wondering if anyone knows why there will be an update? It seems like that too many people have paid a deposit, so why would they know who is not going on June 1st..

Just got an email saying no one on the waitlist can be admitted now because they enrolled too many people in every program. The email also mentions there might be an update on June 1st. I am wondering if anyone knows why there will be an update? It seems like that too many people have paid a deposit, so why would they know who is not going on June 1st..
It is so funny. If all of their master programs have enough students, why did they send the waitlist? It's pretty strange.

It is so funny. If all of their master programs have enough students, why did they send the waitlist? It's pretty strange.
IKR! Well, every program supposes to admit 1.5 or 2 times students that they prepare to admit, but it is still pretty funny when every single one of their program is full lol. I am considering MA stats at columbia now. Wonder how is that program.

IKR! Well, every program supposes to admit 1.5 or 2 times students that they prepare to admit, but it is still pretty funny when every single one of their program is full lol. I am considering MA stats at columbia now. Wonder how is that program.
It is also very funny to tell us that we can wait until June. If it is full now, is there any better program sending AD during the following 2 months to release some available position of Columbia? So the email is really ridiculous.

It is also very funny to tell us that we can wait until June. If it is full now, is there any better program sending AD during the following 2 months to release some available position of Columbia? So the email is really ridiculous.
I am wondering if it works this way. So some students, who have paid deposits, might hear from another program, and they might write to columbia that they are not going to attend anymore?

If it is working this way I think it is basically a denial letter to most of the people who have been put on wl.
I am also wondering if they are going to give offers if there are opens in other programs like msor.

I am wondering if it works this way. So some students, who have paid deposits, might hear from another program, and they might write to columbia that they are not going to attend anymore?

If it is working this way I think it is basically a denial letter to most of the people who have been put on wl.
I am also wondering if they are going to give offers if there are opens in other programs like msor.
It is also unusual that not many people get the redirect to MSOR this year. Previously, I thought that this WL asking which other program we would like to join was a signal of redirecting. But it was wrong. So I think that we may kiss goodbye to Columbia.

They sent wl to almost everyone unadmitted. And then tell us that they cannot admit anyone. Funny.

They should have known there were no open seats in these programs but still sent wl and let people update materials as required. Just feel ridiculous and wonder why they do so.

Can you just copy and paste the email you have received? I want to check what Columbia said.

Can you just copy and paste the email you have received? I want to check what Columbia said.
Thank you for your interest in the MS in Financial Engineering. We regret to inform you that the Admissions Committee has been unable to admit any applicants from any MS program waitlists. We had a record number of applications, and an oversubscribed class.

While this is not ideal, we commit to giving you an update by June 1, 2018, and hope to provide you with better news. We understand that this timeline may not work for you. If you no longer wish to remain on this waitlist, please reply to this e-mail.

Thank you for your attention and we wish you the best in your future plans.

Back