• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE 21

Also, do you guys think it is alright for someone to tell them that they are waiting to hear back from other schools?
 
For those who have not received a decision yet, do you think it is alright to tell them we are facing a deadline from another program to get a decision before the deadline? Thanks!
 
You should definitely do it, there is no harm in asking for an early decision. Worst case - they will deny it and you will be as good as before.
Keep the other offer letter handy in case they ask for it.
 
You should definitely do it, there is no harm in asking for an early decision. Worst case - they will deny it and you will be as good as before.
Keep the other offer letter handy in case they ask for it.
I just sent an email. Hope I can get a reply soon.
 
have you got any reply from them?
Just told me it requires 6-8 weeks after the priority deadline and decision will be released soon. I followed up with another email asking whether decision will be released this week but have not received a reply yet.
 
Has anyone received an admit after 18th Feb? I noticed many received the admits on 9th February and then few people heard again on 18th February. Since then, there hasn’t been any communication.
Does this mean a rejection is on its way?
 
Has anyone received an admit after 18th Feb? I noticed many received the admits on 9th February and then few people heard again on 18th February. Since then, there hasn’t been any communication.
Does this mean a rejection is on its way?
I think there should be more admits on the way. Just do not know when decisions will be releases as there are already 8 weeks since the priority deadline date.
 
I kinda view it as a pre-waitlisting as they clearly want to see how many admitted students are committed (paying deposits) to the program and decide how many more admits they want to send out.
 
Has anyone received an admit, rejection, or redirection to OR after 18 Feb? If not, any idea when are they going to release more decisions?
 
Those who haven’t received a decision - anyone of you submitted the video in Feb? I got the video invite in Jan but it went into junk mail and only submitted my video in mid Feb. didn’t realized they sent out admits before the video deadline :/

also - was 3/8 another deposit deadline for those admitted?
 
Top