• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE 21

LionMail is Columbia’s email, UNI is a string including your initials and some numbers, and PID I believe functions like your student ID. I don’t think they generate these for rejects so I would say the notification is a good sign.
Since you have been admitted to Columbia MFE and have decided to pursue this course. Is there any way you could confirm this with your friends/ colleagues? People who have been rejected etc.

Since you have been admitted to Columbia MFE and have decided to pursue this course. Is there any way you could confirm this with your friends/ colleagues? People who have been rejected etc.
Why would Columbia generate a Columbia email address for rejects? Just doesn’t make sense, I think if you received such a notification you will almost certainly be admitted, be it for the MSFE (Eng) or MSOR.

Why would Columbia generate a Columbia email address for rejects? Just doesn’t make sense, I think if you received such a notification you will almost certainly be admitted, be it for the MSFE (Eng) or MSOR.
Please.... Don't give me hope

If you don't mind me asking, at which part of the admission process did you receive these PID, UNI? ( I mean after admit, before admit, along with the admit)

I was redirected to MSOR and got admitted and I could also see that message in my portal. I think it just popped up in everyone’s portal. Also trying not to sound too negative but in the email the adcom sent to me notifying the status of waitlist it seemed that they are almost done with all admits, since they said it’s unlikely for them to admit anyone from the waitlist this year.

If you don't mind me asking, at which part of the admission process did you receive these PID, UNI? ( I mean after admit, before admit, along with the admit)
I think it depends on to which school you are admitted. I was also admitted to GSAS MAFN at Columbia and PID was already provided in my offer letter. As for UNI, the official website says it needs to be activated and I guess only after you have paid your deposit will you be eligible to activate it.

I saw on a Chinese forum (1point3acres) that it is likely because on today's admitted student open house, someone said although they have paid the deposit, they still haven't received the UNI/PID. So the university is trying to communicate this to those students, yet somehow they added this message to all applicant's portal.

Hi!

I just checked the application portal and I received an update in the upper section of the page," In the coming week, you will receive a Lionmail UNI and a PID number. We apologize for the delay." What does this mean? Has anybody received any such update?
OMG, I even didn't receive the thing that you say. Is that something wrong with my file?

Back