• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE (Financial Engineering) 2023

Has anyone tried calling or emailing to check on the current status of the whole admission process? The wait is just too anxious.

Has anyone tried calling or emailing to check on the current status of the whole admission process? The wait is just too anxious.
I wrote them an email a couple of weeks ago, as I received 2 offers and I’m waiting for Columbia MFE decision to finally make my own, but they haven’t replied (and I guess they won’t) since

I wrote them an email a couple of weeks ago, as I received 2 offers and I’m waiting for Columbia MFE decision to finally make my own, but they haven’t replied (and I guess they won’t) since
thank you. I just hope they would be more efficient...🥹

I tried emailing them last week since I had a deadline for another uni, got a reply saying they would not be able to provide an exact date for the decision just that it is under review currently

Today was the deadline for accepting my offer and I just received an email saying my offer has now expired, so waitlisted people should expect to hear back v soon :)

Today was the deadline for accepting my offer and I just received an email saying my offer has now expired, so waitlisted people should expect to hear back v soon :)
Has anyone been waitlisted? I went through all the replies above and didn’t see anyone got waitlisted/rejected? Does that mean there is still a chance for people who have no updates so far to get an admit?

Has anyone been waitlisted? I went through all the replies above and didn’t see anyone got waitlisted/rejected? Does that mean there is still a chance for people who have no updates so far to get an admit?
Yeah definitely still have a chance, depending on how many people accept their offers. Columbia gave me 2 weeks after the day the offer was made to accept, so I’m assuming the automatically offered the place to someone else now

I don't think there have been any rejections or waitlist notices yet, I guess, unlike previous years, they should be sending offers on a rolling basis this year, but interestingly enough, I have noticed that many of my friends who have received offers have rejected them...

I don't think there have been any rejections or waitlist notices yet, I guess, unlike previous years, they should be sending offers on a rolling basis this year, but interestingly enough, I have noticed that many of my friends who have received offers have rejected

Why are most people disinterested in joining columbia MFE ? Has the program dropped in ratings? Or has the program been on a decline in the last couple of years?

I don't think there have been any rejections or waitlist notices yet, I guess, unlike previous years, they should be sending offers on a rolling basis this year, but interestingly enough, I have noticed that many of my friends who have received offers have rejected them...
Why is this happening though? Has columbia dropped in ratings ? Or has the program been in a down trend in the past couple of years?

Back