• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE Interview Invite 2020

Hi guys,

Did anyone receive an interview invite for Columbia MFE for Fall 2020? I got mine yesterday, and was curious to know the questions that are generally asked.

Thank you.

I got an interview invite yesterday.Just curious to know if there is any particular order/ stack rank in which the admissions office gives out interview invites?

I got an interview invite yesterday.Just curious to know if there is any particular order/ stack rank in which the admissions office gives out interview invites?
I believe that they filter the applications for the first round, based on some basic criteria. After rolling out admits after their first (unofficial) round, they start dishing out interview invites to the second round candidates based on the availability of seats. This is according to a senior of mine, who is an alumnus of a similar program, so I'm guessing that Columbia MFE would follow a similar policy.

Basically, Everyone gets an interview, they send it in the order of your submission date.

No it is not true, a friend of mine got accepted last year and he didn't get any interview

Is this year's interview earlier than last year's? I checked the tracker and forums, and feel like most people received interview invite in February last year. So I am wondering if it means we will get the decision earlier than last year as well lol?

Back