• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE interview invite?

Good Luck!
So the questions were "Why Columbia? introduce your self; how do you fund your study?"

I have seen from other forum that if you are admitted, you will receive the email in two or three days. I guess you will succeed!

Well I had a 17 min interview, with about 12-15 other questions as well, but nothing technical all quite general.

Anyone know whether Columbia notifies applicants in case of a reject? Pre-interview, that is.

Last edited:
Anyone know whether Columbia notifies applicants in case of a reject? Pre-interview, that is.

They generally send out all rejections by early March.

They are still sending out new interview invitations; you should wait until the end of February.

They're still sending interview invitation. I just received it this afternoon (Saturday). BTW, does anyone know when will we know the result? I got another offer from CMU and have to pay the deposit before March 10.

They're still sending interview invitation. I just received it this afternoon (Saturday). BTW, does anyone know when will we know the result? I got another offer from CMU and have to pay the deposit before March 10.

Don't worry, they will make decisions by early March.

Hi everyone :)

A question on the way people have received their interview invites for this year. As you might be aware, up until last year or last to last year, there used to confusion around the 'Interview Tab' appearing on the application page. And not every time people got emails.

@Piranut @SethiSS @David ChenHa @GauravM @nishank gupta - Did you guys get an email or the 'Interview Tab' or both?

Eager awaiting your response. Will accordingly put more effort in checking the application page. :)

Thanks!

Hi everyone :)

A question on the way people have received their interview invites for this year. As you might be aware, up until last year or last to last year, there used to confusion around the 'Interview Tab' appearing on the application page. And not every time people got emails.

@Piranut @SethiSS @David ChenHa @GauravM @nishank gupta - Did you guys get an email or the 'Interview Tab' or both?

Eager awaiting your response. Will accordingly put more effort in checking the application page. :)

Thanks!
Both! :)

Back