• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE interview invite?

I know, I know.
I'm just so anxious about the entire thing hahah. Applying to Grad school is so stressful!

Do worry, buddy. I accepted the redirection but haven't been interviewed. And I know some of us rejected the redirection; some are still in the process. So there are still chances.

I know, I know.
I'm just so anxious about the entire thing hahah. Applying to Grad school is so stressful!

Why stress out? Getting into grad school is just the first (and by far easiest) step. If you get in, you will constantly be stressing out about getting good grades. Then about getting good job. In job about being good enough for promotion. Once you have family you will be stressing out about providing for them. So it goes. And the stress burden grows exponentially with each successive step. Applying to grad school is fun, so think twice whether it's something you really want to do if you are stressing out already.

Why stress out? Getting into grad school is just the first (and by far easiest) step. If you get in, you will constantly be stressing out about getting good grades. Then about getting good job. In job about being good enough for promotion. Once you have family you will be stressing out about providing for them. So it goes. And the stress burden grows exponentially with each successive step. Applying to grad school is fun, so think twice whether it's something you really want to do if you are stressing out already.
It's not like I'm pulling my hair off or anything like that... and I know what it's like to provide for my family because I'm already doing that. Life is stressful sometimes, but we all learn how to deal with it.

I meant it in the sense that there's a lot of waiting involved and that can make someone very anxious. No need to get all "think twice and evaluate what you're doing!" Just wanted to let off some steam.

The process will be over soon enough though, thankfully. :P

I haven't heard back from them either. :( I guess another reason why people are getting anxious is because the FAQs on their website mentions that decisions would have been notified a month ago or at least a week ago. :unsure:

Admissions Questions | Department of Industrial Engineering & Operations Research
When will I know the decision?
PhD and Financial Engineering applicants will be notified of their admissions decision or contacted for more information no later than the third week of February. The other three M.S. program (Management Science & Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Operations Research) applicants for the Fall semester will be notified of their admissions decision or contacted for more information no later than the third week of March.

Back