• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE Interview

Noticed an interview tab on my application this morning and clicked "accept invitation". At first an error message appeared but now I see "you have accepted your invitation". Received no confirmation or information though. Anyone else in the same boat? Thought it was weird that I was never notified via email about the invite.

Noticed an interview tab on my application this morning and clicked "accept invitation". At first an error message appeared but now I see "you have accepted your invitation". Received no confirmation or information though. Anyone else in the same boat? Thought it was weird that I was never notified via email about the invite.

dang 2 weeks after the deadline? impressive. You should ask them to double check.

Ya I'll be stopping by tomorrow to make sure. I'll be heartbroken if its a mistake haha

Confirmed invite was no mistake and was told that I will be notified in the future regarding scheduling. To any other applicants out there, I would check your application frequently as you might not be emailed regarding an invite.

Confirmed invite was no mistake and was told that I will be notified in the future regarding scheduling. To any other applicants out there, I would check your application frequently as you might not be emailed regarding an invite.

Gratz on the invite.

There is a "question" tab on my page....anyone can explain that...

Dunno, I had one as well. It said that I had already submitted an answer

Last edited:
I have a question tab as well. I think that tab shows questions Columbia might have in regards to your application. As long as we see no questions posted, we should be okay.

I doubt that the system is clever enough to customize menu tabs for each applicant. An extra tab alone does not mean anything.

Still haven't heard back regarding scheduling. Guessing my app was processed early because I was applying in-house, though I'm not sure...

Still haven't heard back regarding scheduling. Guessing my app was processed early because I was applying in-house, though I'm not sure...

That could be a possibility, or maybe it was a glitch/error ? Considering how their deadline has been moved back a week. I'm guessing they'll move back the invitations as well..?

That could be a possibility, or maybe it was a glitch/error ? Considering how their deadline has been moved back a week. I'm guessing they'll move back the invitations as well..?
what do you mean by the deadline was moved back by a week?

what do you mean by the deadline was moved back by a week?

After I saw one of the posters here ask about the exact time of the deadline, I got curious and sent an email to IEOR, and they told me that the deadline has been moved to 1/13/14 23:59:59 for MFE. It doesn't say it on their website but that's what they told me./shrug

Back