• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE Interview

Hi
I had applied for the MFE program at columbia, I didnt receive any interview call, does that mean I am out.
Also yesterday I received the question tab that whether or not I would consider other MS programs. Please Reply.
Hi,

I am on the same boat

Hello everyone,

I just realized that I got the mfe interview invitation very early in the interview tab and I have not accepted it till now.
Since there is only one week left, I am wondering is there still possibility for me to have the interview? Or is it possible to be accepted without interview?

Thanks a lot for any answer!

Hello everyone,

I just realized that I got the mfe interview invitation very early in the interview tab and I have not accepted it till now.
Since there is only one week left, I am wondering is there still possibility for me to have the interview? Or is it possible to be accepted without interview?

Thanks a lot for any answer!
Hi,

How do you check your status. Is that you are logging into 'Apply Online' with your mail id and password and checking the Application Status tab or is there any other link to check the application status.

Hi,

How do you check your status. Is that you are logging into 'Apply Online' with your mail id and password and checking the Application Status tab or is there any other link to check the application status.

Yes, I just went to the apply online. I didn't receive any infor about the interview from email but the invitation should have been there for a long time since I have never used the 'Apply online' after I submitted my application in early Jan. I am wondering will they still give me interview in my case?

Yes, I just went to the apply online. I didn't receive any infor about the interview from email but the invitation should have been there for a long time since I have never used the 'Apply online' after I submitted my application in early Jan. I am wondering will they still give me interview in my case?
I think they will arrange you the interview. You should email them and explain the situation. My interview will be on March 3rd, so they are still interviewing applicants at least. Good luck!

I think they will arrange you the interview. You should email them and explain the situation. My interview will be on March 3rd, so they are still interviewing applicants at least. Good luck!
Oh, thanks a lot for your information! Feel better now~Haha good luck to you!

Columbia emailed me that all decisions will be made no later than this Friday, good luck for all of us

Last edited:
Just got interviewed today.Ran through the resume then why Columbia. In all, about ten minutes...very very generic. Very interested in what other schools I've applied to as well and where Columbia sits on my list.

does anyone have any idea on whether only reject decisions are announced today? Have all admits already been sent out? and does columbia send only any waitlists or will we be redirected to MSOR?

does anyone have any idea on whether only reject decisions are announced today? Have all admits already been sent out? and does columbia send only any waitlists or will we be redirected to MSOR?

They said last week that final decisions will be coming in by the 7th. I would imagine that there will still be offers rolling out with them. As was the case with me, they are still admitting (i got mine yesterday), so hang in there!

Back