• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE Interview

Sorry to those with a reject, were you all directed to MSOR? My turn is coming .....

Sorry to those with a reject, were you all directed to MSOR? My turn is coming .....
except for a question under question tab asking me if I would like to be considered for other programs if I were not admitted by msfe

My application is under wait list. Heard from them today that a final decision will be made by early April.
Tough luck!

My application is under wait list. Heard from them today that a final decision will be made by early April.
Tough luck!
Is there anyone knows the chance of being admitted from waiting list? What is past years rate?

Is any international applicant planning of applying loan from US...is there any way to apply for a loan in US without cosigner.
.also any university sponsored loans...I ask this since the tuition fees + mandatory fees comes around to USD 66K

Is any international applicant planning of applying loan from US...is there any way to apply for a loan in US without cosigner.
.also any university sponsored loans...I ask this since the tuition fees + mandatory fees comes around to USD 66K

I had the same question. I sent Columbia a mail regarding this a few days back. Waiting for a response.

Hey, I have the same question. Did you mail the admission committee?

I think the total expenses come around to 80k including living considering u complete within 12 months...n I have heard still many current batch students r looking 4 placements

Exactly what I have heard... it is really tough getting placed even if you are from one of the best university... dont know how much this reflects on the job market, university academics, career placement services efficacy and students personal level of preparation...

Exactly what I have heard... it is really tough getting placed even if you are from one of the best university... dont know how much this reflects on the job market, university academics, career placement services efficacy and students personal level of preparation...
The placement dept. Of Columbia is really good, as they help out candidates with lot of things n there seems to be 2 or 3 companies asking resumes or visiting campus every other day for IEOR students but still students are unplaced as of now

Hey
Are they(Columbia MFE Ad com) done with sending the acceptance/rejection mail to all the applicants for FALL 2014. Has any one got the rejection mail also ? Because so far I have got neither the acceptance nor rejection .
They had sent one mail few days back saying that your application is under review . Is this some kind of waiting list ?
@Seniors/@Admins-Do you have any idea from previous years experiences about the date by which they would come up with a decision ?
Please reply!!

I think the total expenses come around to 80k including living considering u complete within 12 months...n I have heard still many current batch students r looking 4 placements

80k? It's written 100k on the Columbia's site ...

On an individual basis, personal preparation gives an edge; on a university basis, academic program and career services gives a batch an edge; but the poor level of placements as a whole is a function only of a moribund job market. Or as another poster pointed out a week back, the jobs that are out there are asking for ever greater amounts of expertise. Spending $100,000 a year and not even being sure of a placement is one big gamble.

Hi! Anyone knows about the class size of this 2014 fall entrance? And also why they canceled the summer course in July this year? I've emailed the admission office but haven't heard back from them yet. Thanks very much for your information!;)

Back