• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE Second Interview??

I got interviewed by Columbia on Feb 5, but today I received an almost same email again from Columbia asking me to have an interview on Feb 21 or Feb 22. Does anyone have the same problem? Does it mean it will be a second interview or just a mistake?

You got another interview invitation today? That's pretty strange, because it is a holiday today.

You got another interview invitation today? That's pretty strange, because it is a holiday today.
I don't see why today is a holiday but I know other people who also get the email today. But for them, it is the first interview invitation.

I don't see why today is a holiday but I know other people who also get the email today. But for them, it is the first interview invitation.

You may call them. So it seems that the results won't come out around these days. :-(

I got the same email as well. My first interview was 2 weeks ago. I take this as we are at the bottom of the first round, and they want to evaluate us together with the second round. But having an interview is better than nothing, just prepare for another interview and hope for the best.

I got the same email as well. My first interview was 2 weeks ago. I take this as we are at the bottom of the first round, and they want to evaluate us together with the second round. But having an interview is better than nothing, just prepare for another interview and hope for the best.

Did they conduct another round of interviews last year?
Anyway, good luck to you!:)

I remember something similar happened last year. The reason is that the admission people scheduled people twice because of mistake. It's very likely what is happening here. There are so many people and so many slots so they may not be able to keep track accurately of everyone.

Just tell them that you are already interviewed. They may not have that record.

Back