• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE Columbia MFE vs NYU Tandon MFE

were you able to decide where do you want to go? even i am facing the same issue and confused between NYU Tandon and Columbia MFE. How much is the approx cost of Columbia MFE program ?

were you able to decide where do you want to go? even i am facing the same issue and confused between NYU Tandon and Columbia MFE. How much is the approx cost of Columbia MFE program ?
I decided on Columbia. The tuition cost is about on par (70k for NYU and 72k for Columbia). I received a partial scholarship from NYU which made a difference in tuition cost. However, Columbia's program is a semester shorter than NYU, so that extra couple months of working will cover the money I would have saved at NYU. Best of luck!

I decided on Columbia. The tuition cost is about on par (70k for NYU and 72k for Columbia). I received a partial scholarship from NYU which made a difference in tuition cost. However, Columbia's program is a semester shorter than NYU, so that extra couple months of working will cover the money I would have saved at NYU. Best of luck!
what is the duration for NYU tandon MFE, is it a 2 year program?

Hi! Can I ask what's the deposit deadline of Columbia MFE in 2019? Thanks!!

Hi! Can I ask what's the deposit deadline of Columbia MFE in 2019? Is there only one single deposit deadline in 2019? Thanks!!

Last edited:
If you have money go for Columbia no doubts in that, if you have a budget issue tandon isnt a bad shout. I am going to tandon too. It has been risking in rankings and is on right track under Peter Carr.

Last edited:
If you have money go for Columbia no doubts in that, if you have a budget issue tandon isnt a bad shout. I am going to random too. It has been risking in rankings and is on right track under Peter Carr.
Yeah I agree. Tandon is such a risk.

If you have money go for Columbia no doubts in that, if you have a budget issue tandon isnt a bad shout. I am going to random too. It has been risking in rankings and is on right track under Peter Carr.
I think the ROI if one goes to CU is much greater. There are fewer pure quant roles coming out of Tandon. The programs are inherently different and I think they shouldn't be compared. I mean, I get what you are saying, that you would take Columbia anyday. Am emphasizing on that and believe that the environment and the access to alumni that CU offers is unparalleled. So no, it's not about the money here. I think it's best if we choose the right school in terms of fit and in terms of curriculum. Please tell us how you chose Tandon? And congratulations on getting into Columbia and Tandon! Must have been a tough choice to choose between the two.

I think the ROI if one goes to CU is much greater. There are fewer pure quant roles coming out of Tandon. The programs are inherently different and I think they shouldn't be compared. I mean, I get what you are saying, that you would take Columbia anyday. Am emphasizing on that and believe that the environment and the access to alumni that CU offers is unparalleled. So no, it's not about the money here. I think it's best if we choose the right school in terms of fit and in terms of curriculum. Please tell us how you chose Tandon? And congratulations on getting into Columbia and Tandon! Must have been a tough choice to choose between the two.
I didnt get/ even apply to columbia as at that tome I thought I dont belong to the league. I do accept columbia is a much better school than NYU but nyu is the best I had. Lets not compare these two but as I said Tandon isnt a bad shout much better than most non ivy mfe courses.

Back