• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MS Financial Economics 2022

I had my interview on Friday but it seems that they will be sending the majority of interviews in the next week or two. They will have one week for internal discussion after conducting all interviews, and the result will hopefully be out in the week of the 28th or the first week of March.

Received a video interview invitation just now. 7min for preparation and 7min for answering. Not sure what it is. I thought previous years didn't have any video interview.

We have a new program director as of this past fall so things may be slightly different this year than in the past.
Thanks for letting me know this! BTW, do you know will I still need to do a real person interview after I submit this video interview?

Haven’t received any update email from them since submission. What about the rest? Did everyone get a video interview question invite?

I had my interview on Friday but it seems that they will be sending the majority of interviews in the next week or two. They will have one week for internal discussion after conducting all interviews, and the result will hopefully be out in the week of the 28th or the first week of March.
Hey, did you get any pre-recorded video question invite as well before your interview?

I asked them that am I already rejected if I did not receive an interview invitation from them. They replied that they are in the final review process and hope to release the decision within the next week.

So I guess anyone who does not have an interview invitation like me is already rejected...

I asked them that am I already rejected if I did not receive an interview invitation from them. They replied that they are in the final review process and hope to release the decision within the next week.

So I guess anyone who does not have an interview invitation like me is already rejected...
woah. That's news. Let's wait for next week then

has anyone received an interview but haven't got any updates today?

Recieved an offer. I met around 15 other students who also did. I guess they might have sent out around 60-90 offers (not sure), is it normal in 2021 and 2020? Cuz the estimate seems to be too much comparing to the class size (around 20).

Recieved an offer. I met around 15 other students who also did. I guess they might have sent out around 60-90 offers (not sure), is it normal in 2021 and 2020? Cuz the estimate seems to be too much comparing to the class size (around 20).
This is a significant increase. Last year, the program admitted less than 30 students.

This is a significant increase. Last year, the program admitted less than 30 students.
Yeah. I am wondering if they are increasing the class size or if they actually sent out wrong offers. Or it's normal since the offer acceptance rate isn't high.

Back