• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MSOR Columbia MSOR interviewed, only one question, clue of rejection?

I was only asked one question: interest to MSOR. does this mean I will be declined? looks like they are interviewing most applicants this year. so an interview does not always mean an admission, as last year.

They have a large number of applications this year so please forgive their disorganization. Some people have been interviewed twice because Columbia couldn't keep track of this. So don't panic and just try to enjoy your experience with Columbia.

Offtopic: They should build a better online status system. If you can check your Facebook status on your phone, you should be able to do the same with your application, right?

The whole Columbia's IT infrastructure should be revamped, not just online status system. Their emails portal has slow loading time, their student portal (mycolumbia.edu) has been basically useless because the content is very lacking (I went to UCLA, and my.ucla.edu website has great content, and is important part of student life).... Columbia has a pretty pathetic IT infrastructure for a university of its status.

I was only asked one question: interest to MSOR. does this mean I will be declined? looks like they are interviewing most applicants this year. so an interview does not always mean an admission, as last year.
It's true the same happened with me yesterday! Two questions: Why Columbia? and Are you interested in OR?
I was supposed to be waiting list for FE so I dunno why the hell would they conduct an interview asking whether OR interested!
Anyway, check your online status it might show that you have been declined from FE already.
Best of Luck

I don't think they would bother to email you and ask you to call them if you were rejected to begin with.

Hello , i have been admitted to MS Eng Management at Columbia (given by IEOR dept), although my first choice was MS - OR. Can anyone help me with the job prospects after this course or hw well is the course rated in the US??? I have had a look at the curriculum, its more or less same as as MS OR.
Its slightly urgent.

Thank you

Back