• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MSOR Columbia MSOR Waitlisted... Do I have a chance?

Hello,

I received an email from the admission office today. I am on their waiting list. I am just curious if I have a realistic chance of getting admitted to the program. Has anyone been on the waiting list and got admitted?
Please advise.

It looks like a significant number of admissions was sent out in the first week of April. Therefore, since the program allows admitted students to respond within two weeks, I'd say that your best chance to receive an admission is in the following days. Best of luck!

Did you guys check and add your timelines to the Tracker yet? It's much easier that way to compare the timelines of everyone who applying to Columbia MSOR and see if you are far behind the average response time.
quantnet.com/tracker
Hey Andy,

It is not possible to check, who got admitted to the program from the waiting list. That's why I am using the forum. Hope you understand.

Hello,

Did anyone got a response from MSOR department? On my email it states that the school will have a decision by end of April, but I have not heard anything back.

Should I email the school and ask for an update and also let them know that I will attend the school once I get into the program? Or should I just wait? I received the email from Columbia two weeks ago.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

I can't think of any possible harm done by contacting them. Obviously you're anxious waiting this long for a response and their deadline is now due. From my experience they are responsive and appreciate communication. Good luck with your app Kurt.

Hello,

Did anyone got a response from MSOR department? On my email it states that the school will have a decision by end of April, but I have not heard anything back.

Should I email the school and ask for an update and also let them know that I will attend the school once I get into the program? Or should I just wait? I received the email from Columbia two weeks ago.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

I guess that the decision will be available on Friday...

I can't think of any possible harm done by contacting them. Obviously you're anxious waiting this long for a response and their deadline is now due. From my experience they are responsive and appreciate communication. Good luck with your app Kurt.
Thanks so much for the advice.. I will send them an e-mail.

Any news from the MSOR ? I checked the tracker for information from the previous years and I found that all the decisions were released in March and April the latest. However, this year it seems that there are people still waiting (although applications are less, at least on the Quantnet tracker) from the MSOR.

Back