• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MSOR Columbia MSOR

just got admit to Columbia. Will mostly be going here. Anyone else got admit and looking to join Columbia?

Hey Joe, I was wondering what was your profile like? I'm interested in applying, but there is next to nothing in terms of scores or requirements on the website. Any information would be appreciated.

Hey Joe, I was wondering what was your profile like? I'm interested in applying, but there is next to nothing in terms of scores or requirements on the website. Any information would be appreciated.

didnt i already email u my profile?

I got admit too and considering going. You guys know what kind of language/simulation tools used in MSOR Columbia?

I got admit too and considering going. You guys know what kind of language/simulation tools used in MSOR Columbia?

Programming component of the program
Matlab, C++, Java, VBA, AMPL … simulation requires Matlab, credit derivatives we used VBA or Matlab depending on the assignment, AMPL was only for deteministic models. Other than simulation you could choose your language as long as it’s accepted as a well known language.

Review of Columbia Universitys Operation Research (MSOR) program | Quant Network

hey joe

I also got admitted to Columbia MS OR and i am definitely attending it.....
wanted to talk to some current Columbia MS OR students...no luck so far...
Do you anyone out there?

Thanx Andy. I did see the list of students.....didn't know what the full id would be.

Do all people have prior experience on these simulation tools and languages

Back