• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MSOR Columbia MSOR

Applied to MSOR. Had an interview on 23rd Feb. They said that the decision notification will be released about 3-5 weeks after the interview.

Applied to MSOR in December. Interviewed on Feb 23. Not hearing anything back. I noticed that I still can update my PS and CV, while the majority of others can't. Guess that means they still haven't reviewed my application.

I'm not sure whether the interview is mandatory or not. I have 2 other friends who were also interviewed around the same time as I was, and they haven't heard back yet either.

I'm not sure whether the interview is mandatory or not. I have 2 other friends who were also interviewed around the same time as I was, and they haven't heard back yet either.
Hi Aditya, I interviewed as well. Do you mind to check back your portal again and see if you guys can still update the CV, PS and course listing? Are the 'upload' button still there or not? Might be a way to see if you guys are under review or not.

Hi Aditya, I interviewed as well. Do you mind to check back your portal again and see if you guys can still update the CV, PS and course listing? Are the 'upload' button still there or not? Might be a way to see if you guys are under review or not.
Hey
I just checked my portal. I cannot upload any documents/course listing anymore. I could do so until last week if I can remember clearly. So I guess my application is under review now.

Any updates regarding the decision date?
I applied in mid-Dec, and had an interview followed by background check for my recommenders

I applied in February, no interview probably since interview were in February. I emailed them they said It can take 6-8 weeks from time applied. For you it’s been a while but for me it’s only been 6 weeks. I guess they’ll send them out early April all together.

I applied in February, no interview probably since interview were in February. I emailed them they said It can take 6-8 weeks from time applied. For you it’s been a while but for me it’s only been 6 weeks. I guess they’ll send them out early April all together.

Oh, got it. It should be out within the next week or so, I guess. Should have applied late, wouldn't have had to deal with all this anxiety :p

Good luck to all the applicants!

Back