• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MSOR Columbia MSOR

Msor has a batch size of 200 students and I know atleast 7 people who have been admitted. So, I guess 20-30 percent of the seats are full. Finger's crossed. Lets hope for the best guys.

Yeah, best not to speculate. Let's wait and see. They gave their last round of offers last Friday according to gradcafe. There's a chance that they might send out more today. Good luck to everyone!

Did all your recommenders receive verification mails? I had the interview but none of my recommenders received a mail for verification. Is it a mandatory thing by the department or is it just for certain profiles?

Did all your recommenders receive verification mails? I had the interview but none of my recommenders received a mail for verification. Is it a mandatory thing by the department or is it just for certain profiles?

All of my recommenders (2 acad, 2 professional) did receive one asking for some kind of proof in the form of org listing/business card. No updates since then.

All of my recommenders (2 acad, 2 professional) did receive one asking for some kind of proof in the form of org listing/business card. No updates since then.
Were you also notified by mail about it or did they send the mail for verification to them independently. I'll have to enquire with my recommenders otherwise.

Were you also notified by mail about it or did they send the mail for verification to them independently. I'll have to enquire with my recommenders otherwise.

Nope. They didn't send anything to me. One of my recommenders notified me about them receiving this email so I checked with the others and found that all of them had received one.

Idk what's the logic behind these recommender verification emails tbh.

Looks like they have given out a bunch of offers and rejects today. Chances not looking good at all :(

Back