• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Coming back from sickness

Hey everyone I’m coming back from almost 1.5 years of not doing anything due to health issues that are resolved now. I just graduated but am rusty in just about everything. Any study advice?

Congrats on getting over whatever you had!
Are you coming back to do school or work? I think that can help people know what advice to give you

If I were in your shoes, I would probably start by going through all your MSCF course notes, focusing on the content from the financial data science, financial computing, and stochastic calculus modules first (starting with where your memory is most hazy). You went to a top-notch program, so I would make use of the materials you amassed during your time there. Once you regain your understanding of these 3 core sequences, I would move to your ML, time series, and finance (investments, options, etc.) course notes. Alongside this I would think about what area you’re looking to apply for jobs in, and rinse and repeat all the things you did when applying for internships/jobs originally before you started to experience your health issues.

I’m glad to hear you are back on your feet. Good luck to you man—I’m sure within no time your confidence in your understanding will be back and you’ll be ready to hit the ground running.

If I were in your shoes, I would probably start by going through all your MSCF course notes, focusing on the content from the financial data science, financial computing, and stochastic calculus modules first (starting with where your memory is most hazy). You went to a top-notch program, so I would make use of the materials you amassed during your time there. Once you regain your understanding of these 3 core sequences, I would move to your ML, time series, and finance (investments, options, etc.) course notes. Alongside this I would think about what area you’re looking to apply for jobs in, and rinse and repeat all the things you did when applying for internships/jobs originally before you started to experience your health issues.

I’m glad to hear you are back on your feet. Good luck to you man—I’m sure within no time your confidence in your understanding will be back and you’ll be ready to hit the ground running.
Thanks I think that this is actually a rock-solid plan and is the way to go. I appreciate your response and doing research about my curriculum.

Back