• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE Compare: Berkeley MFE and Chicago MSFM

I am an Engineering undergrad and have received offers from both the Berkeley MFE and Chicago MSFM programs. I am not sure yet what job I want to pursue in the finance industry, but I am also set on doing a PhD before entering the work force so this is also a big consideration for me between the two programs. Any advice on which school I should choose would be appreciated.

In quantitative finance, particularly machine learning in finance

Luckily I've been offered a good scholarship from Chicago, so Im lucky enough to not have to worry about the cost, I just wanted to know if it would be possible to transition to a PhD from these types of programs; I realize it's not the ideal prep course for a PhD.

I would go with the cheaper choice and take classes which are relevant to my PhD choice. I would also look at the professors of both schools and see which you can do research with, this would be a huge plus in applying to PhD programs.

Back