• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Complete Market

Hi all,

I am reading this page - Complete market - Wikipedia and found the "Introduction to Complete Markets" referenced on the page to be very interesting...
The theory of complete markets sheds light on many economic issues. It starts by redefining goods to include attributes not normally considered inherent: the time and state at which something is consumed. An immediate implication of this new definition of a good, however, is that the system of markets available in the real world is far from complete: taking all the possible combinations of attributes into account leaves the number of goods far in excess of the number of actual markets. By the same token, this relative dearth may provide a ready explanation for the recent proliferation of unusual financial innovations.

Anyone is aware of any other introductory material that I could read to improve my understanding of this theory?

Thank you.

Back