• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE Conditioned Guarantee(2018)

I am placed on hold for Spring 2017 and guaranteed admission for Spring 2018. Among the action items they list, I am supposed to retake my GRE test and raise my writing score to the 90%. Can I ask the admission commitment to lower their requirement. 90% seems like 5.5 or higher as far as I am concerned. Any information will be appreciated. Thank you.

you could ask, but once on hold - admit is a lot subjective. So you never know.. it depends on peer applicant pool, and any drop outs being the main criteria..

you could ask, but once on hold - admit is a lot subjective. So you never know.. it depends on peer applicant pool, and any drop outs being the main criteria..

It turns out that it should be over 70%. I am considering accepting the guaranteed admission, which means I might have a gap year.

It would be well worth it. The Berkeley MFE program is one of the very best, if not the best, program of its kind out there.

Back