• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering.
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job.
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models.

Cornell FE

Omegaitsme

Hi fellow 2020 MFE program applicants, I had interviewed for Cornell FE program a while back (early December). It has been over a month now since the interview and I still haven’t heard back. Anybody else on the same boat? Did anybody receive an admit?

Any idea when we’d be getting the decisions?

QuantQuestion

Did you have the online video interview or an interview with someone over skype? I had the former and have not heard back yet either.

Omegaitsme

Did you have the online video interview or an interview with someone over skype? I had the former and have not heard back yet either.

Oh I had the online video interview as well. I assumed that’s the last round(?) Is there a potential follow up Skype/Zoom interview as well? Any idea when the decision would possibly be out? From last year’s tracker details it looks like many who interviewed early december got their results by jan 1st/2nd week.

QuantQuestion

Oh I had the online video interview as well. I assumed that’s the last round(?) Is there a potential follow up Skype/Zoom interview as well? Any idea when the decision would possibly be out? From last year’s tracker details it looks like many who interviewed early december got their results by jan 1st/2nd week.
Yeah I don't think there is any Skype interview but I was just asking to make sure.

Based on last year's tracker I agree some people found out mid/late jan, but it looks like they sent offers fairly continuously throughout feb/march as well

QuantQuestion

Also it looks like the average time to decision is 94 days based on the tracker, so I guess we can expect late feb/early mar

honguyen

Hi,

Has anyone heard back from Cornell? From the tracker, it seems like a lot of applicants got admitted in mid-January last year.

Onegin

C++
Last year some were accepted without an additional interview beyond the pre-canned interview that came out right after application submission. fwiw - I think it's a fantastic program.