• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Cornell FE

Hi fellow 2020 MFE program applicants, I had interviewed for Cornell FE program a while back (early December). It has been over a month now since the interview and I still haven’t heard back. Anybody else on the same boat? Did anybody receive an admit?

Any idea when we’d be getting the decisions?

Did you have the online video interview or an interview with someone over skype? I had the former and have not heard back yet either.

Did you have the online video interview or an interview with someone over skype? I had the former and have not heard back yet either.

Oh I had the online video interview as well. I assumed that’s the last round(?) Is there a potential follow up Skype/Zoom interview as well? Any idea when the decision would possibly be out? From last year’s tracker details it looks like many who interviewed early december got their results by jan 1st/2nd week.

Oh I had the online video interview as well. I assumed that’s the last round(?) Is there a potential follow up Skype/Zoom interview as well? Any idea when the decision would possibly be out? From last year’s tracker details it looks like many who interviewed early december got their results by jan 1st/2nd week.
Yeah I don't think there is any Skype interview but I was just asking to make sure.

Based on last year's tracker I agree some people found out mid/late jan, but it looks like they sent offers fairly continuously throughout feb/march as well

Hi,

Has anyone heard back from Cornell? From the tracker, it seems like a lot of applicants got admitted in mid-January last year.

Last year some were accepted without an additional interview beyond the pre-canned interview that came out right after application submission. fwiw - I think it's a fantastic program.

Yes I think they accept only based on the pre-recorded interviews - there is no follow up interviews

Hi Everyone,
I am pretty new to QuantNet and I am applying this year for Fall 2022. Could some one tell me what a tracker is? I am seeing it in a lot of conversations but don't particularly know what it means. Thanks in advance!

Hi Everyone,
I am pretty new to QuantNet and I am applying this year for Fall 2022. Could some one tell me what a tracker is? I am seeing it in a lot of conversations but don't particularly know what it means. Thanks in advance!
You've already uploaded an application for Cornell on the tracker but I'll still bite.
You can find the link to people's application to various programs here.
So what exactly is it? The application tracker is used to inform both current applicants and prospective applicants about the kinds of profiles accepted at various programs. You can enter your GPA,GRE score and work experience to help out other people in comparing their own profiles to yours.
For example, now that you've applied to Cornell,if you do get accepted, you will have to update your application. This will help others in evaluating their own profiles and gauge their chances at Cornell's FE program.
It's been invaluable to me (and plenty of others) and I encourage everyone going through the process of applying to make an effort to help the community.

Back