• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Cornell MFE Redirected

Hello, everyone:

After I was waitlisted by Cornell MFE on March 1th, they sent me an email and told me that all MFE admissions are sent out, and they are considering me for the Data Analytics track.

Are there anyone who has experienced this before?

What are the chance for me to get in?

Thanks

My understanding is that, since I received a waitlist for MFE rather than a direct rejection, my application must be somehow competitive. (Let’s say top 20% among all applicants if MFE accepts 10%, and I know some people received a direct rejection without being considered for other concentrations). That means I still have a chance for getting into the DA track as DA is less competitive than FE.

I really want to go Cornell as I love to live in a small town by the way

Same. I also got a waitlist from Cornell MFE then this week they said they can not offer me admission to the Financial Engineering concentration. 😭 They also asked me if I am interested in the DA track.

No, I said I did not want to be redirected. The DA track is a one-year program I guess
yes :)It is good for me though, as I have a Canadian work permit that starts as I graduate from my Canadian undergrad institute. A shorter program means I have more time to accumulate Canadian working experience for immigration purposes

Back