• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Cornell FE Cornell MFE Waitlist 2020

What are the chances of converting waitlist to admit?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi guys,

I recently got an email from Cornell saying that my application is on waitlist and that I should wait until 15th April for further notification. Are there anyone else who got into their waitlist? What are the chances of converting this into an admission? Does anyone have any relevant information about Cornell's waitlist? Like how many will they generally put in waitlist and the percentage of conversion. This is one of my best applications and is looking forward for their decision.

Thanks in advance!

Anyone else waitlisted and are looking forward to hear from Cornell?

I guess Cornell has already given away all the decisions for FE track already. I don't think there's anyone who haven't heard from them at all. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Did Cornell release acceptance in batches last year? I see some people got accepted yesterday, wondering if that means I am rejected.

Did Cornell release acceptance in batches last year? I see some people got accepted yesterday, wondering if that means I am rejected.
According to records, it seems that they will send more offers during Feb.

I guess this year they would be onboarding less students as many would have deferred from last year. Not sure though about this though.

According to Risk.net, only 46% of the offer holders would enroll. So I would say you do have a chance to get in.

They generally send out twice as many offers. They will target the yield rate with acceptance rate.

It says on their website that they don't generally accept defers. Not sure about last year's tho.
Kathryn said in a webinar in November that although they typically do not accept defers, they were offered last year for obvious reasons. I am assuming a fair amount of people deferred because the class size dropped from 78 to 27.

Back