• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Cornell FE Cornell ORIE FE put me on the waitlist, what should I do?

roni

Cornell FE
Somebody just told me that I should write to them to show my willingness to choose them. What do you think ?

My expectations weren't high because of the GRE. I'm studying for the GRE and will retake it in a month or two and will apply for next year. However, I don't really want to delay it by a year and would really love to start the studies this year.

Thanks.

sry to hijack the thread, do you know if all the decisions are out yet? i didnt get any emails :(

sry to hijack the thread, do you know if all the decisions are out yet? i didnt get any emails :(

I think they are sending decisions until April 1 as they mentioned in their first email.

Nothing here yet. Still waiting.
Good luck Roni. Someone on the tracker got accepted after being waitlisted (last year). Try to see if you can contact him/her.

yeah. Too bad there is no way to contact that person. Maybe open a new thread and make the title target people who got "accepted" after being "waitlisted". That would be an interesting thread. We can get some feedback on the process and what to do/not to do. It doesn't even have to be Cornell specific.

Did all of the people who applied to Cornell FE get an email stating your application was complete and to wait until April 1 for a response? I don't think I received an email stating that my application was complete. If there was something incomplete, they would have contacted me by now I am assuming. What do you guys think?

Did all of the people who applied to Cornell FE get an email stating your application was complete and to wait until April 1 for a response? I don't think I received an email stating that my application was complete. If there was something incomplete, they would have contacted me by now I am assuming. What do you guys think?
My 2nd and 3rd rec. letters came on Jan 23rd and I received an email saying that my application was complete on Jan 25th.
Maybe, you did receive the email but not in the Inbox folder ? check out the Junk folder.

If nothing, I think you should give them a call. Perhaps, something is missing and they are waiting for it ?

I emailed Kathy King a few hours ago asking her about my application. I also called her. I don't think the email could have gone to my junk mail as I have created a special section for all Cornell related email. I think they probably would have contacted me if there was something missing. I will see tomorrow.

Back