• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Cornell FE Cornell Waitlist 4/14 -- What's the chance to get into FE?

Hold on tight. At least we are still on the boat. I think we will hear something back tomorrow. I couldn't sleep well these days, but good or bad, there will be a result, then life will move on. Good luck to all of us.

sigh... totally the same here..... I wasn't able to sleep for quite a few days. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hold on tight. At least we are still on the boat. I think we will hear something back tomorrow. I couldn't sleep well these days, but good or bad, there will be a result, then life will move on. Good luck to all of us.

Hey friend, did you receive anything from Cornell today? I havent heard of anything yet........... :(

Hey friend, did you receive anything from Cornell today? I havent heard of anything yet........... :(
Called Kathryn King today, she said she will get back the result to us by Friday. She added "hopefully" though. Not sure what's going on... can't imagine what is taking them this much of time.

Hope all the sufferings worth something...
Do you have backup plan if sth happens? Its not wise to put all eggs in one basket...
As far as I know, they received about 1000 applications this year and have not even completed reviewing all of them. I counted the number of people on the waiting list from several major forums and found more than 30!

seems like the three people wait-listed on this thread all got rejected afterwards.

anyone know of the chances to get off the wait list? I got WLed this cycle.

No, I didn't get an interview.
same here, I am not sure if WLed with no interview means you are more( or less) qualified for the program. It is a bit weird to me that they put us in the waiting list without an interview but not reject us if our profiles are weak compared to others.

Last edited:
@HarryZ

Hey I think my profile is pretty good except I don't have any computer science classes. Bout you?
Hey, honestly, my background is not strong. Only decent GPA from "target school" and a finance internship. My weakness is at finance area as I had very little knowledge about QF until late last year and my essay sucks. I think computer science knowledge and programming experience is essential for admission to "Engineering" programs and they probably wl you because of this. I guess you stand a good chance to be admitted in MIT program though.

Hey, honestly, my background is not strong. Only decent GPA from "target school" and a finance internship. My weakness is at finance area as I had very little knowledge about QF until late last year and my essay sucks. I think computer science knowledge and programming experience is essential for admission to "Engineering" programs and they probably wl you because of this. I guess you stand a good chance to be admitted in MIT program though.

Hey hopefully we both still have a shot. I know a lot of people without CS backgrounds getting waitlisted and some of my friends without a finance background got in last year.

Back