• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Course Decisions

I am currently in my last term of my undergraduate degree and I was wondering if it would be more beneficial for me to take a statistics course in Time Series and Forecasting or dedicate more of my time to learning more coding and programming languages such as C++, Python and Matlab? The course also uses R to teach ARMA and GARCH processes.

Thanks for the replies!

I am currently in my last term of my undergraduate degree and I was wondering if it would be more beneficial for me to take a statistics course in Time Series and Forecasting or dedicate more of my time to learning more coding and programming languages such as C++, Python and Matlab? The course also uses R to teach ARMA and GARCH processes.

Thanks for the replies!
take the classes and implemente the solutions in R AND Python.

Python would definitely help you. I remember this course which I think can be helpful for you as it teaches Python keeping the trading perspective in mind and includes topics like time-series data with Python along with interactive coding exercises to practice.

I find Python more appealing bcoz of its countless features and flexibility. Since you're a UG, you should invest your time wisely. Go for the self-learning courses by some reputed and well known institutions (like the likes of Quantra) that offer short value-for-money courses, anytime learning, interactive exercises, self-learning videos, and much more.
  • For Python, you give this course a try.
  • For ARIMA and GARCH, you could check out this course.
  • And if you want to go for making a career in Algo Trading, learning from industry biggies like Dr. Ernest Chan, Nitesh Khandelwal, Dr. Thomas Starke, Euan Sinclair, and many more, go for the EPAT programme.

I hope this helps you out. I'd be delighted to learn of your experience and journey here. All the best!

You seem to be a big fan of Quantra. This is the 4th time in so many days that I have seen this name.
And one trader here on QN has never heard of you.

Back