• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Coursework (pre-MFE)

Hi

I am currently an undergraduate at UC San Diego in my fifth year double-majoring in Prob&Stats and Cognitive Science. I possess a rather extensive background in computer science including c++ (that I have not touched in two years), and two years worth of experience working in vba as a programmer analyst and a statistical analyst. Unfortunately, I had not had any academic experiences in the financial field yet (other than some coursework in time series, actuarial mathematics and mathematics of finance, and all these, rather brief). I hope to amend this in the year following my graduation and, consequently, prepared, apply in 2010.

I am confident about my knowledge of statistics. However, I am unsure about the coursework in finance and computer science that I should engage over the next year to best prepare myself for the MFE program.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone would respond especially someone with first-hand experience.

Thanks a lot!!:D

Back