• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Datasim NYC C++ course for MSc, Phd and MFE students with Daniel Duffy

I'd like to know where in NYC this class is and how much knowledge of previous programming is required. It's only 3 days long, I doubt you'd learn much.

Yes, this is the kind of C++ course I have been looking for. Short and to the point with financial applications. Since I have no programming background, I am really interested in taking this class. I figure it should be better than learning C++ by myself from a textbook. However, does anyone know if this course is intended for people with zero programming experience or for people with C++ experience who want to learn the application of C++ in finance?

If there are enough Quant members interested I could possibly be able to give a better discount than now. The issue is a break even point.

Someone asked about C++ knowledge: it is assumed that you know some C++, project, hpp and cpp, classes, The objective is to get to the stage where you know essential C++ and write mini applications. Percentage theory/practice is 60:40. You learn by doing.

Here is the feedback from C++ course I gave at UMD a few years ago.

http://www.datasimfinancial.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74

My email address if you wish to contact me is dduffy AT datasim DOT nl

Hi,

I am currently working for a prop firm in Chicago as a quant. My work mostly includes using R day-in and day-out however my company also wants me to gain expertise in C++ and C# in the next few months. I already knew about Quantnet's C++ course. however, I liked the in-depth coverage of Computational Finance using C++ in Datasim's course. I have a feeling that Quantnet's C++ course more of a pre-MFE course.

I wanted to make a choice on which course I should enrol for and it would be great if Andy and Daniel can give me appropriate guidance. Fees is not an issue since my company is paying for it.

Thanks

QN C++ is a full course based on training I personally gave to professional developers for the last 2o years. So, it existed forever:) On a judo belt level, I think IMO it is a good blue/brown and you get great feedback from the TAs.

I can confidently say that the QN C++ course has no equal if you look at the syllabus and that you learn it well.

Do you have experience of C++? If not I would do QN C++ and complement it afterwards with modules 4-10 of my advanced course. Alternatively, a C# development trajectory is good but it depends on what you want.

Feel free to email me dduffy AT datasim DOT nl

hth
Daniel

Thanks Daniel.

I do have experience in C++ however mostly during undergrad which I completed more than 4 years ago. :) I have used C++ on and off over the last 4 years however not rigorously and not at all for financial application. I believe QN C++ is probably a good option for me and I was kind of inclined to do that since I think I am quite thorough with basic C++ stuff. Probably, I need a revision of pointers and OOP.

I am currently using C# for some basic applications and reading your C# book to learn the language. But. most of the developers at my firm use C++ so would be better to learn it.

Back