• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Differential Equation

Hello all,

I took differential equations in college, but I didn't do good because of situational reasons and was wondering if anyone knew if any colleges where offering it as a winter class in the nyc area, I tried but couldn't find any. Or any affordable online ones?

The price there is with the student discount correct?
This is the standard price for companies. If you are a full-time student and paying by yourself the price is then Euro 1400. I am also TA and is an option to do a project, Each module has hands-on exercises.

Last edited:
Hi,
I am wondering how much credit is awarded? If I take this course, will I receive a certificate?
Thank you for your reply.

In general, I would say I supervise students personally to get to the desired level. The main phases are;

1. Fundamentals
  2. Main methods + exercises.
  3. Student project (related to finance)
I monitor progress for each phase, leading to the certificate. Grading is based on the idea that the student understand the maths.
Extra credit is given to student creativity and a willingness to work hard.

hth

Last edited:
In general, I would say I supervise students personally to get to the desired level. The main phases are;

1. Fundamentals
  2. Main methods + exercises.
  3. Student project (related to finance)
I monitor progress for each phase, leading to the certificate. Grading is based on the idea that the student understand the maths.
Extra credit is given to student creativity and a willingness to work hard.

hth

Hello Dr. Duffy,
May I also ask a question regarding C#? Because it is related to course information so I think is unnecessary to open a new thread. I have looked at your website and very interested in C# online course. If I complete the Computational and Quantitative Finance in C++, will I be eligible for this advance c# course?
Besides, I am also interested in some machine learning materials, so would you mind recommending some online courses or textbooks?

Thank you so much!

Hello Dr. Duffy,
May I also ask a question regarding C#? Because it is related to course information so I think is unnecessary to open a new thread. I have looked at your website and very interested in C# online course. If I complete the Computational and Quantitative Finance in C++, will I be eligible for this advance c# course?
Besides, I am also interested in some machine learning materials, so would you mind recommending some online courses or textbooks?

Thank you so much!
Hi Danny,
In general the C++ and C# courses have no inter-dependence; you can do C# without C++. If you have no previous C# knowledge I will include the C# Fundamentals in the package. There is a good student discount.

ML: not sure, I am not familiar with the offerings.

Back