• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE difficult choice: Umich MFE or Gatech QCF

I've got ADs from these two programs, which I think are in the same tier but not among the top.
I have to send my deposit to umich in next week if i decided to head for there. I'm not sure which program is better, especially based on the factor of placement. Any advice among these two would be useful. Thanks!;)

I choose UM b/c I think it offers better job prospects due to proximity to Chicago, GeorgiaTech $16K cheaper though. Unfortunately, the review of GeorgiaTech is not very detailed.

This might help you too (I got the feeling this is the student who provided the review of UM): A Student's-Eye View of the University of Michigan's MFE Program
This blog is pretty good. I wish there'd be more posts like these about schools that are not well known or are not in the the NY/Chi area.

arent you contradicting yourself in the statement?? They lack non immigrant students == lot of american students == lot of native english speakers == more info on blog????
lack non-immigrant students= small # of native English speakers....

got it thnx. but i am still not sure if tht is the reason as even most of the tier 1 courses have majority of international students.

Back