• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Do i have any chance of getting accepted in ETH/UZH Quantitative Finance program

ygw

Hi all,

I have been working c.1.5 years in Investment Banking as a M&A analyst in a tier 2 bank. I am not thrilled in my current role and that has to do mainly with the lack of the quantitative part in my job (current ratio of qualitative - quantitative is 80-20). I want to eventually work in the asset management industry and I am thinking of applying in the ETH/UZH program. I have already a MSc and a BSc in Finance with 9.3/10 and 6.3/10 respectively (my undergrad GPA really bad). In the US grading system my gpas look like 4/4 and 3/4 based on http://www.oecd.org/careers/young-associate-programme/yap_gpa_guidelines.pdf. I have also done a master thesis on the tournament hypothesis in the mutual fund industry which I think it gives some value add to my application. I have done a lot of statistics and econometrics during my studies and I have also done 2 modules in Mathematics and 1 module is stochastic calculus.

Based on my profile do you think I have any chance of getting accepted in the ETH/UZH Quantitative Finance program. What is the item in the application that the admission committee gives the most weight?

Back