• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Cornell FE Does anyone have a strong positive/negative view on the Cornell program?

Hi,

essentially looking to see if any alumni or people who know about the program can share some information about the quality of the program and its students/faculty

Very strong positive view. Career service for the Cornell MFE is truly unbeatable.

I had no relevant financial work experience at all going into the program. My work experience = tutoring elementary to high school math in a family business. Even then, with the personalized attention I got from career services (resume screening, interview tips, networking contacts, help pushing my resume through), I landed a quant role at a top bank. Internship placement has been 100% the past few years. If employment is your primary concern post grad then the Cornell MFE is your best bet.

Note: this only applies to the Cornell MFE program, I can't speak for the other Cornell Masters programs.

Very strong positive view. Career service for the Cornell MFE is truly unbeatable.

I had no relevant financial work experience at all going into the program. My work experience = tutoring elementary to high school math in a family business. Even then, with the personalized attention I got from career services (resume screening, interview tips, networking contacts, help pushing my resume through), I landed a quant role at a top bank. Internship placement has been 100% the past few years. If employment is your primary concern post grad then the Cornell MFE is your best bet.

Note: this only applies to the Cornell MFE program, I can't speak for the other Cornell Masters programs.
Wow, that's impressive

I just spent quite a bit of time searching through recent Cornell FE grads on linkedin and it looks like most of them are not in risk. The roles look closer to the link @longgamma provided above
I also noticed that, seems like the job placement is pretty decent in recent years.

Agreed.

Just Graduated from Cornell MFE program last December. Got my summer internship from resume drop of the program and the summer internship led to a full time offer. They also arrange opportunities to help current students and alums connect with each other. For example, the alums will hold mock interview sessions to help current students practicing and perfecting their interview skill, which turned out to be very helpful for me.

Back