• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

European Quant Finance/Financial Engineering Masters Application Advice

I'm looking to apply to some of the better Master's in Quantitative Finance/Financial Engineering in Europe for the 2021/2022 admissions cycle (ETH, EPFL, Imperial, UCL, etc.) and I'm looking for some advice on how improve my chances of getting accepted to a top program like the ones above. I have a Bachelor's in Engineering Physics for a Canadian university with a 3.47 GPA, so I've taken courses like Calc I-III, ODEs, PDEs, Linear Algebra, Statistics, Numerical Methods, and Programming (in C++ and Python), but I don't have any background in finance or specific mathematical methods in finance other than the introductory course in econ/finance engineers were required to take.
I know that I should probably become familiar with Stochastic Calc and more advanced probability along with more finance concepts in general, but I'm not sure what the best way to do this is beyond self study. Is there some type of certificate or official courses I could take to demonstrate knowledge/interest in the subject? I have work experience in astrophysics research, but none in finance because I've only recently realized that research is not for me. I haven't taken the GRE yet and I know a very high quant score is essential.
Basically what I'm asking is what is the best way to demonstrate an interest in finance for admission to top European MFE programs, and are top programs even realistic with my GPA? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Back