• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Fixed Rate Loans?

Just out of curiosity, is there any private lender which offers a fixed rate on student loans? Thanks!

Once you accept you should get in touch with your schools Financial Aid office - they will be able to help you sort it out.

I would look into the government loans before turning to a private lender.

Federal Stafford Loans will likely be your first step (you may qualify for a subsidy), there are also Pell Grants (don't need to be repaid)that you may be eligible for. Afterwards PLUS loans (which are fixed rate) are another option. I believe both Stafford and PLUS allow the interest to be deffered until 6 mos after graduation at which point they can be consolidated at rather competitive rates.

Stafford loans have limits. We use 'em up.
Pell grants I'm not poor enough for :P
And PLUS loans aren't something my parents are willing to do - *I'm* the one taking on the loans.

Thanks though!

If you don't have a high credit score/long credit history you will need to find a cosigner, in any event...

Sallie Mae?

Beyond that, talk to your school and/or bank.

Aside, check out upromise.

After 5 years I've saved/transferred about $800 to my 529 account by routing my online shoppping through them - it doesn't amount to much but every little bit counts :)

I am a student and I got a student loan from Oxford Funding, the rates are not that high and I made a good decision to apply for a loan.

Back