• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Future education path

Hi ,

I have a very humble (poor) background as compared to people who post on these quant forums. i did my MBA from a tier 2 college in India ( topped it though,light of education came late in life to me) and did FRM course ,landed up a job with hedge fund in pricing (derivative) department .have no maths background and computer skills,yes i know i sound like a loser compard to all you intelligent guys ..but now i need to go for a quant education.Since i cannot leave my job i am looking for correspondence courses in maths from good insitutes in India and i am learning VBA and C++ on my own .

Can a good soul help me in how should i proceed at the age of 30 to study further and become a quant guy..

Thanks

hi. many people in this forum are from a humble background as yourself. But if you already landed a job in a pricing derivative department, why do you need to pursue a quant education? Anyways, if you are looking for a quant education, you can perhaps do it online without ever having to leave your job. wilmott's cqf is a good reputable online course. but if you prefer to take courses in india, you can try india institute of quantitiative finance. i don't know much about their courses. There is also this college that collaborates with UCLA's anderson school of management located in India. I don't recall the college's name. But you can try that too. ciao.

thanks Rajan ,yes i have job wherein i have worked on volatility derivatives ,cds etc but i wanted to be a pro and without good maths knowledge its very difficult i am looking for a Bsc Maths kinda thing for a starters thanks again

Back