• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Future of Mechanical Engineers in MFE

Hey I have done my Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering and have one years Sales and Service Experience in one of the MNC's of India
I want to continue further in MFE

Can anyone please help
What is the scope of MFE after bachelors in Mechanical
and is it necessary to have any specific knowledge of computers languages for doing MFE
I have covered C++ on my own but donot have any experience of Comp Programing or Languages as such

I can only tell you that you should read up all the threads here. As per my experience on this forum, nobody here is going to answer a question like this, and rightly so. In fact there is a vote being taken on this forum to decide whether such questions should be allowed or not.

You'll have to be much more specific. The best advice I can give you is to consult the master reading list for FE thread. There are some introductory books there - read up couple of them. It'll give you a great perspective on things.

Also there is a thread started by Andy - a quantitative career - where do you fit in? The pdf uploaded there is very informative.

As far as the question of you being a mech engineer is concerned, it doesn't really matter from what background you are as long as you satisfy the program prerequisites and gain whatever the program is supposed to give you.

Take a look at the links in regarding MFE Candidate Profiles to see other threads on this topic in my signature. Also see the books link in my sig, which, if you go to the "required textbook" link should get you there

Back