• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

GaTech QCF GaTech QCF Early Decision 2015 Fall

Hey, has anyone applied the early decision (ddl - 10/15/2014) for the QCF 2015 fall program?

In the tracker, the two cases in year 2013 and year 2012 both get their results prior to 11/10, but I haven't heard any update from buzzport.

Any idea about when I can get admission status?

Also, if you have time, would you kindly evaluate my chances of getting into this QCF early decision program?

Undergraduate university: 211 project university in China
Major: Finance
GPA: 3.6/4.0
TOEFL: 112 (S24)
GRE: V159+Q170+AW3.0

Math courses: Advanced Mathematics I & II, Probability Theory, Linear Algebra, Numerical Analysis

Computer programming courses: C Programming, Introduction to Computer Programming using Python

Finance courses: Computational Finance, Financial Economics, Financial Econometrics, Econometrics, Financial Institutions Risk Management (Only highly related courses listed, without a bunch of elementary economics and finance courses)

Internship: No related exp. One operations internship at Citibank Corporate Banking, one data entry internship at Metlife.

Thanks for your time and reply!

Last edited:
I applied for the spring term and I just finished my interview today
Then I guess the admission for fall term has to wait longer.
May I know what major fields/questions has been interviewed?
Thanks for your information, and good luck man!

Thanks Terry. I am a US undergrad with majors in finance, math, stats
questions:
why interested, example of leadership, describe a challenge, describe your strength&weakness, describe a time working with a difficult guy.
Hope it helps. Good luck!

hey there, i also applied to the early round but nothing turns up yet! Did you get the interview these days?

Hi Quants
Can anyone shed some light on Boston MSF and Gatech QCF from the perspective of placements and reputation.
And does anyone have any idea that after how many days post the interview from the Adcom does one get final decision from Boston University and Gatech QCF ??
Please do the needful ..

Hi Quants
Can anyone shed some light on Boston MSF and Gatech QCF from the perspective of placements and reputation.
And does anyone have any idea that after how many days post the interview from the Adcom does one get final decision from Boston University and Gatech QCF ??
Please do the needful ..
I think QCF is more focused on coding while MSMF is more focused on math.
Just my 2 cents.
Have you heard from GaTech yet?

I received email today to submit my video responses to 3 interview questions by end of this week. Would this be all or will there be another round of live interview? Anyone?

No news for another week. Do they even do "silent rejection" in the first round? Anyone got any news?

No news for another week. Do they even do "silent rejection" in the first round? Anyone got any news?
You can check on the status on the website. If it says "to dept for review" then you are still under consideration.
In my case GA Tech sent me email last week asking me to submit video responses to 3 interview questions. Completed my video interviews and sent on 9th and now anxiously awaiting result!

You can check on the status on the website. If it says "to dept for review" then you are still under consideration.
In my case GA Tech sent me email last week asking me to submit video responses to 3 interview questions. Completed my video interviews and sent on 9th and now anxiously awaiting result!
Thx for ur info! It just drives me anxious. The status on the website is also "to dept for review" for people who get waitlist, so do I. I'm just thinking that, they said the results would be out at the beginning of December, which has already past.

Thx for ur info! It just drives me anxious. The status on the website is also "to dept for review" for people who get waitlist, so do I. I'm just thinking that, they said the results would be out at the beginning of December, which has already past.
I guess we just have no choice but to Wait! When did you complete your video interview?

I got no interview, nor waitlist... That's what makes me worry...
I was informed by someone that Decision time-frame is also dependent on which home department you choose. I had chosen Management as home department.

Back