• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

GaTech QCF GATech QCF Fall 2021 Standard Round

Hi All,

Reaching out to the candidates of the GATech Fall 2021 QCF program. I applied in the standard round and recieved the interview invite on 12th Jan. Interview was conducted on 19th Jan. I was wondering if anyone has heard from the admissions committee after the interview?

Thanks!

Hi All,

Reaching out to the candidates of the GATech Fall 2021 QCF program. I applied in the standard round and recieved the interview invite on 12th Jan. Interview was conducted on 19th Jan. I was wondering if anyone has heard from the admissions committee after the interview?

Thanks!
Hey, I was interviewed at the same time too. Haven't heard back from them?
Any idea when will the results be out ?

I can't comment on the standard round applications since I applied to the early round, but I'll share my experience just as a reference.

I applied on 31st October and had my interview on November 16th. It was an early interview, just like you guys did, but I received my admission on Jan 4th.
People interviewed till the third week of December as well.
Judging by the tracker applications from the previous years, it seems like the earliest batch of students received admits in late Feb, while majority received their decisions in March.

Thanks @WorkofArt! I have actually recieved some admits from schools in Canada and they have given me a hard deadline to accept by the end of this week. Do you think that it would be good idea to write to the QCF's admission team requesting an earlier decision? Do you know anyone from the previous round who was been successful in getting an earlier decision ? Thanks for your help.

I don't know anyone that has got an early decision by emailing the adcom. You would be asking for your decision by the end of the week then?
If you have GaTech's program as a preference over your current admits, I think it would be okay. But I'm not sure of this, it would be better if someone with experience let's you know.
Since you've had an early interview, I feel you're a strong candidate for the program with higher chances of being accepted

Last edited:
Hi guys I am an international student and applied for GaTech on 8th of December. I have a couple of questions
1) My test scores are still marked as awaiting on the login page, I just assumed that deadline for international students is given as March 15 as per QCF website so that might be the reason for delay with the test scores. Is it the case with every1 else especially international students.
2) How many days after the deadline did your test scores get received status

Hi guys I am an international student and applied for GaTech on 8th of December. I have a couple of questions
1) My test scores are still marked as awaiting on the login page, I just assumed that deadline for international students is given as March 15 as per QCF website so that might be the reason for delay with the test scores. Is it the case with every1 else especially international students.
2) How many days after the deadline did your test scores get received status
When did you give your GRE/TOEFL tests? And when did you submit them? I sent my scores in by September and they had already received it by then. It showed a green tick against the test scores

When did you give your GRE/TOEFL tests? And when did you submit them? I sent my scores in by September and they had already received it by then. It showed a green tick against the test scores
I gave my gre on feb 2020 and Toefl on June 2020. I have reported the scores just before the deadline, I wrote a mail to toefl saying the scores are not yet received by the GaTech, they've replied back saying that the universities are able to access my scores via ETS data manager. So I assumed its due to the international students deadline, as other colleges that I applied have received the scores by the deadline.

I just got my interview invite from GaTech today. I know that it's a behavioral interview. But can any one of you comment on the intensity of the interview?

I just got my interview invite from GaTech today. I know that it's a behavioral interview. But can any one of you comment on the intensity of the interview?
I wouldn't classify it as intense, but there will be certain questions to asses your personality. Some questions they ask are :
1) Tell me about yourself - Usually followed up with a question based on your current job ,etc.
2) Why GaTech? What made you choose this program (What makes it unique)
3) What do you hope to gain from this program? How will you add value to the class?
4) If I were to ask your current supervisor to describe you in two words, what would they be?
5) How are your time management skills? (I provided examples for this answer)
6) How are your programming skills? (Again, you can provide examples. Theses questions won't be asked if you have a CS background)
7) What do you think about teamwork? (You can answer based on personal experiences)
8) What is the best thing about your work?

It's a very relaxed interview, you just need to express your thoughts cogently. All the best!

I’m a junior at Georgia Tech and just wanted to wish you all good luck. I can’t tell you how many night’s I sit in the Crosland library or the industrial design building on the main campus at night, look at Scheller tower among the Atlanta skyline and dream about getting into an MFE program like techs

I wouldn't classify it as intense, but there will be certain questions to asses your personality. Some questions they ask are :
1) Tell me about yourself - Usually followed up with a question based on your current job ,etc.
2) Why GaTech? What made you choose this program (What makes it unique)
3) What do you hope to gain from this program? How will you add value to the class?
4) If I were to ask your current supervisor to describe you in two words, what would they be?
5) How are your time management skills? (I provided examples for this answer)
6) How are your programming skills? (Again, you can provide examples. Theses questions won't be asked if you have a CS background)
7) What do you think about teamwork? (You can answer based on personal experiences)
8) What is the best thing about your work?

It's a very relaxed interview, you just need to express your thoughts cogently. All the best!
Thanks for your reply. Yes, it doesn't appear to be very intense

Back