• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE Gatech QCF vs Imperial RMFE

I recently got admitted to both of these programs and I am having a hard time choosing between these two. It's just that information about the QCF is readily available on the web whereas the program at imperial doesn't have a lot of information accessible. Plus I am having a hard time connecting with the recent batch at Imperial. I don't have a preference for UK or US. I am also not clear about what I would want to do after the program so could somebody please guide me. I would love to hear from people going for RMFE and I would be happy to connect and discuss. Thanks in advance!

Here are some notes about IC RMFE that I took from conversations with alumni that I found either through here or Linkedin. I will leave info on GATech with someone more versed in the program as I didn't apply (oops, should've)

1. The reputation of the school should be at least enough to get you interviews. Consensus seems to be that it prepares you well for jobs in quant finance. Though it won't prepare you 100%, but no program can do that. Like any program, you will need to do prior studying like leetcode grind or green book. Though for quant research, the Math & Finance course might be more suitable.

2. Has a dedicated career team, and can help you with high level stuff like CV edits, mock interviews, how to network etc. Though, career service didn't seem to help much beyond that (this is only from one person.) Although the alumni network is said to be really strong.

3. All alumni agree that the program is a bit too compact and would benefit greatly by extending it one more trimester, as you don't have enough time to digest all of the material.

4. Professors are pretty much the best you can get in the field, and teaching quality is pretty good. Some of them are bad, but is expected for any program. The courses are also pretty rigorous.

I recently got admitted to both of these programs and I am having a hard time choosing between these two. It's just that information about the QCF is readily available on the web whereas the program at imperial doesn't have a lot of information accessible. Plus I am having a hard time connecting with the recent batch at Imperial. I don't have a preference for UK or US. I am also not clear about what I would want to do after the program so could somebody please guide me. I would love to hear from people going for RMFE and I would be happy to connect and discuss. Thanks in advance!
Hi Sameer, wondering if you've made a final decision on which program youre going to attend?

Back