• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

good part time FE programs in NYC?

Hi,

Just moved to NYC area and I'm currently working full time. However, I'd like to move my career more towards quants. So, I'm thinking about taking some good part time programs in financial engineering or quantitative finance. Ideally, I'd like to earn a master degree after my part time studies.

Could any one advice some part time programs here? I have almost no clue around this area. I heard Carnegie Mellon has some programs in NYC and maybe also Stanford? Maybe just rumours...

Also, what's the difference between "Mathmatics of Finance" and "Financial Engineer" programs? Are the former programs focus more on math and the latter is kind of broader?

Any input will be highly appreciated.

Another vote for Baruch MFE program here :D

There are more than 6 programs in NYC areas and potentially more in 2008. A good program does not differentiate part-time or full-time tracks.

A list of them can be found here http://www.fenews.com/directories/universities/index.html

Different programs have different names with different focuses. Names can be misleading. Look at their courses and syllabi.

ooff,

We have an excellent program at Baruch College and, as you can see, the community is wonderful!!!

Back