• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Cornell FE Got into Cornell OR, can I ask them to put me on the waitlist for FE concentration?

I know I know, my title sounds dumb...

I applied for FE concentration at Cornell but was directed to consider AOR, Applied Operation Research concentration. Can I just email Kathy King discussing about putting me in the waitlist for FE, given that I did not delcine my offer for AOR? I mean does it sound stupid and childish to ask such matter? I know 'it wouldnt hurt trying' , but this might sound really stupid to her.

But I think their decision is final

Nuttavut

I am sorry for a couple of typos. I stopped using auto spelling thingy...trying to be more independent. :D

Thank you for your quick response Andy! Do you mind commenting on one of the threads I posted? "Got into BU MSMF and Cornell M.Eng" It is also about Cornell program.

nuttavutj when did Cornell send you the response redirecting you to the other OR programs? I'm wondering this because I applied to their FE program and they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Back