• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

grad school pre-reqs online

Are there any reputable places to get grad school pre-reqs for math done online? The main reason is that I'd like to continue working. I'd want to take courses that would be recognized by future grad schools. I'd probably do something general like applied math, so it would be classes like linear algebra that would be presumably offered at a lot of places.

I’d avoid MOOCs. Accreditation seems to be the standard (I think UCB MFE has a good collection). Some programs won’t look at online credits. One approach - If you’re near a major city, try night classes. A lot of schools have some form of adult Ed / extension school. You can also register as a special student, and go to very early morning classes or night. If you really want to rip off the band aid, consider Baruchs prep program- U of Chicago has one as well, and maybe Berkeley? FWIW, I really struggled w working and part time study. In retrospect, I should have taken the hit all at once, left work a year earlier and banged out the pre-reqs at one go. On the bright side, the C++ course from this website is top notch, and respected by the top US programs.

Back